24 Stunning Ways To Advertise & Market Your Business In Nigeria
How to advertise & market effectively with a limited budget is one of the marketing challenges faced by business owners in Nigeria.
In order for your business to be successful, you have to define who your prospects are and then iterate how you plan to reach them.
Whether you’re just starting out or have been in business for years, these proven advertising & marketing strategies will help you market your business & find new customers without spending a fortune.
Our 25 stunning marketing ideas include:
1) Distribute business cards: Get a quality business card for your business and whenever you meet people in events, pass them one. Let your business cards be in the hand of anyone who can help you in your search for new clients.
2) Give away household & office items such as pens, calendars, key chains, bottle openers, caps and T-shirts that have the brand identity of your company.
3) Advertise on the packaging of your products such as bags delivered to customers for transporting your products after purchase.
4) Organize an event or activity where you can promote your brand: for example, a fashion show, book workshop, talks show, exhibition, etc.
5) Rent advertising space in public transport vehicles where you can place your posters. Try the BRT buses in Lagos.
6) Designing and sending out flyers. You can distribute your flyers on the street or place them on cars. Avoid posting indiscriminately.
7) Place a sign or poster at the front of your store.
8) Via email marketing: Either to customers who have previously given you their email address, or people who have subscribed to your newsletter.
9) Upload videos on YouTube: Create a video that shows how your products work. Send your video link to your friends and encourage sharing.
10) Network with others who are doing the same type of work you are. They can serve as a good source for referrals.
11) Give out free samples of your products to as many hands as possible.
12) If you use a car or truck in your business, have your business name and contact information professionally painted on the side of the vehicle.
13) Publish an ad in a popular magazine: For example, in a journal related to the theme of your product or service.
14) Rent ad space on websites that provide opportunities to place your ads on them in exchange for a periodic payment.
15) Advertise on social media: This can be achieved via paid or organic marketing. Set up your business profile or page on LinkedIn, TrustOrRun (Nigeria), Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter. Be sure your business profile includes a good description, keywords and a link to your website.
Then use the available channels to advertise your products. If you’re in the clothing, fashion, beauty, entertainment, design, photography, food, jewelry, or a similar lifestyle-niche business, you’re a natural fit for image sharing on Instagram, which can generate great exposure with high-quality photos of your products.
16) Write an article that demonstrates your expertise in your field. Author and publish guest posts on high profile or well-trafficked sites in your niche. It’s a great way to promote both your brand and your expertise. Free blogging communities, like TrustOrRun and Nairaland, are a good starting point.
Send it to websites in your field that accept submissions from experts. Be sure your name, business name, phone number, and a reference to your product or service is included at the end of the article.
17) Leverage content marketing: It is one of the most cost-effective means for getting free traffic from search engine. Create a variety of content types such as articles, blog posts, infographics, or images and distribute them on several channels. To get the most out of your blog, you will need to set aside some time every week to write quality content. The benefits of a blog increase manifold as you increase your publishing frequency.
18) Run a promo or contest: Offer deals and coupons and make sure you publicize it. You can also run competitions but make the prize something desirable and related to your business — it could be a free gift basket of your products, for instance, or free services.
20) Find bloggers to review your products. A good review will help generate leads for your business. You can submit your product review here.
21) Participate on the Q&A websites: Answering questions is a great way to build relationships and your expertise while helping others unselfishly market your brand and you can do this on Nigeria based social sites like TrustOrRun & Nairaland.
22) Join forums that are relevant to your companies niche, join in the conversation and offer insightful and helpful answers to questions. You can also create topics that are relevant to your niche.
23) Speak at local Meet-up events. Attend networking events. Generate exposure for your company and services.
24) Join Nigeria’s #1 online business community to drive your business forward. Sign up Here: TrustOrRun
Finally, not all these marketing channels will work for your business. Following careful analysis and test running, you can then make a decision on what works best for you. Feel free to contribute!
You might also like: