Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Happy Okoro
    Happy Okoro
    Participant

Hey everyone,

This has been a new concept introduced to me. It is actually one of the tools that we have been trying to use to get our name out there.

Affiliate Marketing is essentially paying individuals to share or sell another companies product. Usually, they get paid some type of commission.

But I really wanted to get some feedback on this strategy because it seems like one of those “too good to be true” scams, but there are many companies (like Konga) who are legitimate and using this strategy.

So TrustOrRun users, what do you think about Affiliate Marketing?

Profile photo of Lynda O.
    Lynda O.
    Participant

Personally, I assume any product that is sold via affiliate marketing to be one that is inferior, regardless if that’s true or not. It seems to me that if a product is so good that people truly want it, you don’t need to have your friends pressure their friends who then pressure their friends to buy the product. Also, if the company producing the product is making most of its money selling its wares to resellers (as opposed to end users), that’s a bad sign. In many of these arrangements, whether it be diet products or water filters, only the top 5 to 10% of people make money, while every else takes a bath when they buy inventory and can’t actually sell it.

Profile photo of Nonye
    Nonye
    Participant

Hi, Lynda. What you were talking about at the end sounded more like a pyramid scam. That is MLM being described and not affiliate marketing. Pressuring friends and family is not the method of affiliate programs in my experience. I once was an affiliate for Godaddy and did that for making extra money on a great hosting service that I used as a consumer. I used organic SEO to attract people and put a link in my email signature at the time.
    There are many very high-quality services and/or products that offer affiliate programs. You can search for affiliate programs both in Nigeria & internationally. Affiliate marketing works.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.