Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Adetiloye Adetoun
    Adetiloye Adetoun
    Participant

I want to increase AdSense click-through rate (CTR) from 1.2% to 3-4%.
    Any suggestions on what to do. Thanks

Profile photo of wale
    wale
    Participant

From my experience, it is better to focus on increasing CPC (Cost Per Click) than CTR.
    One of my sites has a relatively high CTR. It focuses on downloads, videos and games. But my CPC isnt so good.
    I am planning to start a new niche site with high cpc keywords.

Odanye Hezekiah
    Keymaster

CTR is the number of clicks your ads receive vs the number of time the ads are displayed. If your site has 100 pageviews and your ads receive 2 clicks, then your site’s CTR is 2%.
    These are few things that you can do to get higher CTR for your sites.

1) Positioning
    Positioning your AdSense ads units at the right place will make a world difference of whether your site’s visitors see them, or not. There are certain hot-spots to place your ads, though different site type would require different approach.

2) Color
    Using the right color will help make your AdSense ad units more visible to your site’s visitors. Color also plays a significant role in whether making a visitor click, or stay away from the ads.

3) Ad format / size
    There are many ad sizes available to choose from for publishers in the Google AdSense program. Some ad unit sizes generally has higher CTR than the other, Google AdWords advertisers even bid more on the popular ad sizes.

4) Image or text ads
    Google AdSense provides the publishers the option to display whether text or image (and also multimedia) ads for each ad unit. Publishers can also choose to let Google to display both type of ads. Choosing the right ad type will help increase the CTR for your AdSense ad units.

5) Multiple units
    Having more ad units would mean more ad visibility to your site’s visitors. That would translate to increased clicks.

6) Relevant ads
    Google AdSense works by displaying ads relevant to a page. Relevant ads normally results in higher CTR, thus giving you higher earning. Google may sometimes has difficulty displaying relevant ads for your sites, and some things when done to your site will help display more relevant ads.

7) Experiment
    While all the above tips generally works, you will still need to experiment. This is because there’s no one size fits all solution in implementing Google AdSense strategy and so you’ll need to make one small change at a time and see if it works for you.
    Keep experimenting until you’re satisfied with your AdSense income.
    Click here for more tips

Profile photo of wale
    wale
    Participant

@Odanye Hezekiah Nice suggestions.
    Some niches also have higher clickthrough rates compared to others.
    If your site focuses on software downloads, music and video downloads, etc you are likely to have higher CTR. These niche sites give for for more accidental clicks…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.