- June 18, 2016 at 12:45 am #5732
What are the SEO mistakes that rookies (like myself) can make? Thanks in advance.June 18, 2016 at 12:59 am #5733
Content theft: This is first on my list. A lot of bloggers just steal other peoples work and expect to rank on the web. It just doesn’t work and it is unfair.
Avoid duplicate content like a plague. It kills.June 18, 2016 at 1:26 am #5734
Good question. Some of the major SEO mistakes that can affects your websites visibility as a newbie are:
- Slow page loading.
- Poor Internal Linking of blog posts
- Not Guest posting. This is really important for building backlinks
- Neglecting Nairaland, Facebok, TrustOrRun and other platforms that you can use to drive traffic.
- Non catchy/attractive post titles.
Remember, SEO is a long term Strategy. You can’t bring result in one day.June 25, 2016 at 1:22 pm #5815
Newbies in blogging usually make several SEO mistakes that affects their blogs.
The following are common SEO mistakes that you should avoid;
1. Plagiarizing other writers’s contents. This refer to coping nd pasting other’s content. This is a capital NO. It affects your blog’s ratings. Make sure that your contents are your own original content.
2. Duplicating contents. Don’t duplicate ur own contents or that of others. Readers are looking for fresh knowledge based contents. Don’t duplicate what you had posted some months ago.
3. Writing poorly and less or short contents.
4. Awkward designs on your blog.
5. Ignoring your readers. Always ensure that you respond to your readers’ comments nd questions. It makes your blog interactive and interesting.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.