Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ty
    ty
    Participant

Help. My blog isn’t getting enough traffic after 5 months. What should I do?

Profile photo of Titi
    Titi
    Participant

What are you doing to promote your blog posts? I spend more time promoting my blog posts than I spend writing one.

There are a few ways to do this:

• Trying sharing your post on Social Media
    • Regularly post my articles in Nairaland or Facebook Groups
    • Search for Similar Articles and People who shared the content, then I get their email addresses to let them know I wrote an awesome piece of content they liked not to long ago. Some will visit the site, others will share, and others will get mad at you.
    Profile photo of wale
    wale
    Participant

I feel your pain. Have you tried investing in SEO.

Learn as much as you can about it and apply it to your site.

Also, if you do not have any traffic coming in right now. I would spend more time writing on other people’s blogs than your own.

Odanye Hezekiah
    Keymaster

Hi. Have you ensured that your blog is indexed by search engines (especially Google)? If you haven’t, submit your sitemap to google.

It is also important that you write unique and valuable content. A lot of Naija bloggers just copy and paste content from other people’s blog. Such practice won’t fetch you any traffic from Google.

Target 28 posts over 3 months and focus on building up your body of content in a consistent way. The traffic will finally come.

Profile photo of Debola
    Debola
    Participant

That’s very normal. In fact, my first blog was almost 9 months old before it started getting organic traffic.

I was inexperienced then. I had to learn SEO. Best of luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.