Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Happy Okoro
    Happy Okoro
    Participant

I hope I am posting this in the right place, I could really use some advice on how to organize my social media accounts. Basically, I’m in the middle of three things right now; I am a graphic designer, I do crafts on the side so decided to start a small craft business, and then I am also starting a blog by a separate name. In order to market these, I know it’s important to have social media marketing, but I just don’t know how to juggle it all. Should I start a Facebook and Twitter for all 3 businesses separately? What about Pinterest? Any other social media sites that are a must today?

Adegoke
    Participant

Well of course you have to consider your market first, what is craft? your target? Do you offer your business locally or internationally? If you target local market, then you can implement offline marketing and a little online marketing. Instagram is also a great place for marketing/ showcasing your crafts.

Tayo
    Participant

Here are some tips regarding social media marketing:
    Share Images on Twitter: Increase Retweets by 150%
    Share Content More Than Once
    Hit multiple time zones
    Reframe Content to Suit Your Audience

Profile photo of Tobi Odanye
    Tobi Odanye
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’ve interviewed several social media professionals from advertising agencies, and here is some advice they gave me:

1) All media (not just what you publish on your website) should be considered as your brand content.

2) First, research to find where your potential consumers are most active, then go to that social media platform.

3) As soon as you have a fan page, you also have to have a crisis strategy. Because as you’re opening a page, you’re letting the possibility for everybody and anybody to talk with you, but also to critique or insult you. You need to find a way to be reactive and manage this kind of situations. Opening a facebook page and simply posting things isn’t a safe solution.

4) It’s really difficult to have a consolidated view of your market. If you’re a brand and you have 20 platforms, it’s not impossible, but it’s difficult to have a consumer-centric view.

Hope that helps!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.