Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Adegoke
    Participant

I have a new WordPress website. And I want to install an SEO plugin. Now my question is, “Is there any best seo plugin available for wordpress or can I go for any of the popular ones?”

Profile photo of Adetiloye Adetoun
    Adetiloye Adetoun
    Participant

WordPress SEO by Yoast: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/stats/
    — Active Installs: 1+ million
    — All time Downloads: Over 22,000,000
    All in One SEO Plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/stats/
    — Active Installs: 1+ million
    — All time Downloads: Over 24,000,000

Allei
    Participant

@Adetoun Both are great plugins, they pretty much can help you rank well in search engines. I have used both, but

I have used both, but currently I’m using All in One SEO. Had to switch from yoast due to the recent upgrades that broke my site. But Yoast version 2.3.5 was pretty cool.

I think you should go with whatever seems more convenient. If one of the plugin is giving you a headache or hard time, switch to the other. Other options that have good reviews include:

• Greg’s High Performance SEO
    • SEO Wizard
    • SEO ultimate

You can however start with All in One SEO.

Adejumo
    Participant

YOAST gets my vote!

It has some great features from Twitter cards and OG custom data.  I particularly love the on-page SEO features. They help in my writing.

Profile photo of Odanye Abosede
    Odanye Abosede
    Participant

I prefer all-in-one SEO because it is simple, clean and easy to use. Yoast is unnecessarily overcomplicated for use.

Odanye Hezekiah
    Keymaster

In my opinion, you should use Yoast plugin available in WordPress. That’s what TrustOrRun uses.

Using SEO by Yoast you can do following things:

• Add meta value for homepage
    • Add meta value for single post
    • Social SEO (Twitter Cards, Facebook Open Graph tags)
    • Create sitemap file
    • Edit robots.txt and .htaccess
    • Control indexing of your blog

If you follow its guidelines and write proper titles, meta descriptions and all other SEO recommendation, you stand a good chance of ranking high in search engines.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.