Eko Hospital Limited was itself a successor to Mercy Specialist Clinic, which had operated successfully between 1977 and 1982. the practice has been growing in bounds due to the total commitment and dedication of the partners and staff and the high level of reputation and customer goodwill enjoyed. With a four storey (40 bed capacity clinic situated at Ebute-Meta, Lagos in 1977, the company has grown into a multi-service and multi-location hospital with operations in Ikeja, Ikoyi, Central Lagos, Surulere, etc. to cover the entire Lagos area.
- Full Comprehensive Endocrine Function testing including Basal Hormone Assays, stimulation and suppression tests.
- Glycosylated Hemoglobin (HBAIC assays)
- Immunological screen include thyroid antibodies, thyroid adrenal anti-nuclear antibodies etc.
- Full renal Dialysis
- The unit is backed by a full clinical laboratory, other specialties radiology including CT Scan, Cardiac Lab. Etc
- Pediatric Endocrinology Services.
- Radio-iodine therapy for thyroid disorders in conjunction the with the radiotherapy department.
The establishment of the Diabetes / Endocrinology centre within the confines of a tertiary hospital offers significant advantages, since there is a multidisciplinary approach to treatment of cases and consequently much better results.
The Hospital refers all endocrinology cases to the centre, while the center takes advantage of already existing facilities (Beds, X-ray, Comprehensive Laboratory and other modern diagnostic equipment) and an array of consultants.
The numerous departments of the Eko Hospital Ikeja provide a wide range of specialists services appropriate to varied and comprehensive work of a teaching hospital. Amongst the Consultant services available are:
- General Surgery
- Surgery and Grammatology
- Otorhinolaryngology Audiology and speech Therapy
- Dental Surgery Ophthalmology
- Physical Medicine (Physiotherapy)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology