All our practices are managed by a Speech-Language Therapist and / or Audiologist.What is an Audiologist?
An Audiologist is a trained health care professional who is able to identify, diagnose, treat and monitor disorders of hearing and balance. An Audiologist is usually a graduate with a four year degree. An Audiologist is able to dispense hearing aids, recommend further testing if needed, counsel families, diagnose a hearing loss in infants and adults and to teach coping and compensations skills for hearing aid users and their families.Typically an Audiologist would perform these tasks:
What is a Speech-Language Therapist?
- Conduct hearing tests on infants, children and adults
- Develop a rehabilitation program for clients, including counselling them with regard to their expectations of hearing aids, adapting to hearing aids and how to communicate when wearing hearing aids
- Conduct a tinnitus evaluation and counsel the client regarding tinnitus
- Advise and provide information on the selection of hearing aids in terms of the technology and benefits of the hearing aids
- Fitting, repair and maintenance of hearing aids and providing training to the client on cleaning, maintaining and caring for the hearing aids
- Do home visits for clients who are unable to travel to the practice
- Operate audiological equipment including computer software for hearing aid fitting
- Conduct follow-up sessions after hearing aid fitting to adjust any uncomfortable sounds or noises that the client might experience
- A Speech-Language Therapist is involved in the identification, diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of speech, language, oral-motor, feeding, swallowing and communication difficulties in infants, children and adults.
- A Speech-Language Therapist can give individual or group therapy and also develops home programs to facilitate progress in between therapy sessions and enables the client to improve as much as possible. Therapy plans often include the client’s family, support group, teachers and significant others and usually involves a multidisciplinary team that can include doctors, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, social workers and psychologists.
For Business Owners
What You Should Know
TrustOrRun is an online platform for consumers and entrepreneurs alike.
Discover businesses, make purchase decisions, submit your guest posts, advertise your business, and above all else, have fun.