he present Klerksdorp Hospital cornerstone was laid on 22 April 1896, numerous adfditions have since been made to the structure. Tshepong Hospital was build and opened with 600 in 1978. In 1999 the two hospitals became a fully departmentalized Hospital complex. The K/T renders level 1 and 2 services to the matlosana region, Southern region, Bophirima region and partial level 3 services to the whole of the North West Province.
Klerksdorp/Tshepong Hospital Complex has indeed positioned itself as leading in efficient and effective clinic intervention, management and quality patient care in our province
The Klerksdorp/Tshepong hospital complex is a referral hospital and it also serves as a funnel for referrals outside the province. As a visionary public health institution, in its quest to improve the quality of health, Klerksdorp/Tshepong Complex has since 2000 implemented a strategy to increase the number of tertiary hospital based services available for the North West Province. The ability of the hospital to attract and retain the necessary specialists and medical doctors is attributed to the KT Complex’x strategic alliance with Witswatersrand University Medical School.
In January 2008, the Klerksdorp/tshepong Hospital Complex’s major clinical disciplines were officially awarded Witwatersrand Medical School Satelite Status. In the same year, the K/T Hospital complex was designated as a “Developing Tertiary” Hospital in the North West Province, with an approved tertiary staffing structure. To this end, Klerksdorp/Tshepong Hospital Complex is planning further expansion of tertiary level services with the view to make specialized medical services accessible for people on the North West Province