- August 9, 2016 at 2:33 pm #6167
Season Two of IB PLC Foundation`s KICKSTART Entrepreneurship Initiative for youths between the ages of 18 – 35 has been scheduled for commencement on August 8, this year.
The programme was first launched in Ibadan – Oyo State, a major commercial hub in the South West of Nigeria on the 6th of August, 2015 to a rousing reception.
- The competition is open ONLY to South Westerners of 18 to 35 years who live or have their business within the South Western region.
- Applicants must be at least 18 and at most 35 years with valid identification (e.g National I.D; Drivers Licence; International Passport; Voters Registration, etc) as at the last day of the application period.
- He or she must be willing to operate the business on a full-time basis.
- Have an innovative business idea in need of a start-up
- Or already have an existing small business needing capital to expand operations.
- Energetic and entrepreneurial in approach.
- Must be able to read and write.
Interested individuals should download the application form here http://www.ibpkickstart.com
A number of top entries will be selected based on the merit and quality of their business case by a team of seasoned judges. Each form will be scored against the “Screening Sheet”. The sheet will be used to grade and rank all submitted application form, the score gotten from the submission will be debated upon by the judges to ensure alignment and common ratings. For clarity of purpose and fairness to all applicants, the Screening sheet is an internal document. Scores are not shared externally.
Successful applicants will then undergo an intensive business training sessions for one (1) week.
The modules for the training will include:
- Human Resources
- Business Plan Writing
- Book Keeping
- Income Statements
At the end of the training, applicants will be given one month to write the final competing business plan which will be submitted in person at the Head Office in Ilesha, Osun State.
Each judge is given a copy of each submission document for review.
Judges convene to interview applicants on their business plans.
Business plan and interviews for each applicant are rated and scores aggregated to determine winners (Kickstart Finalists).
The outcome of the judges’ decision remains confidential until the Awards Ceremony and Grant Presentation.
The decision of the judges is final and cannot be contested.
This will be the grand event and winners will be announced and presented with their prizes. It will be a high profile event with government functionaries and business persons in attendance.
Mentoring & Monitoring:
The awardees will have access to carefully selected expert assistance through mentorship and coaching for the period of a year. The Kickstart Finalists are under the obligation to observe and implement the advice as tendered by the mentors. There will be a monthly update on the progress made and business performance which will be shared with the Foundation and IB PLC Management.
Application Closes at 23:59 hours on September 7th, 2016.
Want to apply? Visit : http://www.ibpkickstart.com.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.