Top 5 Websites Where Every Nigerian Business Must Be Listed
Welcome to another edition of our “Top 5” series! This is for business owners in Nigeria. We are going to discover some of the most recommended websites to add your company profile.
Firstly, do you know that over 40 million Nigerians are online? And that number is fast growing every day.
As the power of the Internet grows, so do the opportunities for businesses like yours. The internet is already contributing over 1% a year to Nigeria’s economy, and that is set to rise even more over the next 7 years.
So, this is how it works.
1) You read about the websites listed in this article.
2) Then you follow up by visiting these websites to get your company profile listed.
3) Finally, you get actively involved on these sites as you watch your customer base increase.
4) Don’t forget to thank me later.
Let the Discovery Begin: Top 5 websites where every Nigerian business/company must be listed.
1) Your personal business website: Yes. The very first place where your company profile should be found is your company website.
Every business must have a website of its own.
I don’t care if you’re a one-man show or a 10,000-employee corporate giant; if you don’t have a website, you’re losing business to other companies that do.
Your professional looking site will gain you more credibility and inspire greater confidence in your potential customers. Think of your website as being your online brochure or catalogue and unlike print ads which quickly become outdated, your website can provide current information and news.
No matter what type of business you run, a website is a great place to showcase your work. By including a portfolio or image gallery, as well as testimonials about your work, you can demonstrate what makes your business unique.
Therefore, our first submission to all business owners is to contact a professional web developer to build a rich and relevant website for your site. You can search TrustOrRun to find web developers that suit your needs.
2) Google Places for Business: Google Places for Business is a Google service that allows businesses from all over the world to be listed for free, and to upload directions, pictures, address, and more. You might have observed that when you search for certain businesses or companies on google, the search result also comes up with a map showing the location of the business as well as the opening hours and phone details. The reason is simple. These businesses are listed in Google places. Why not check it out: Google Places for Business.
Facebook is now a fertile field for not only marketing your products and services but also reaching a wide range of audience you had no idea existed.
It is called the “power of a share”.
How many of your friends and family have a facebook profile? Probably all. Now imagine the number of people you can reach when your friends share information about your business with friends and friend of friends. Juicy.
However, it starts with you opening a business page and inviting your facebook friends to like the page. You can also run a paid targeted campaign to get more likes for your business page and ensure you reach more people. Follow this link to learn how to: https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/set-up-facebook-page
4) Vconnect: VConnect is also a local search engine and an information service provider company. VConnect Global Services Ltd., founded in 2010, provides information about various products, services and companies in Nigeria. VConnect’s website provides information on local businesses across states and local governments. With over 800,000 businesses listed, VConnect is definitely one of the largest business directories in Nigeria. Luckily, you can get your business listed on VConnect by following this link: http://www.vconnect.com/businessregistration.
5) TrustOrRun: “Trust or run” is Nigeria’s #1 business community. It is the first social network to be built around businesses and entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
It also features a local search engine to help businesses get found online.
TrustOrRun features a review system that allows customers to rate local businesses based on customer relationship, quality of service, pricing, punctuality and likelihood to recommend to friends. Customers then give an overall rating of “Trust” when they are satisfied with your service delivery or “Run” when they aren’t.
Another beautiful feature on TrustOrRun is that customers can send emails from your business profile page to recommend you to their friends. They can as well share your business profile with friends on 6 different social networks. A whole list of opportunities awaits you on TrustOrRun as long as you keep your customers happy. Follow the link to open an account and get your business listed: Click Here To Learn More.